Click here to listen to this Abundance Activation
While you may want to be happy, another part of you may believe desiring happiness is frivolous or selfish when there is so much suffering in the world.
Yet because we all stand united in Collective Consciousness or the Quantum Field or Divine Mind – whatever you call it – the happiness of one increases the happiness of all. A rising tide of joy lifts all boats.
Finding and following your bliss, then, makes the world a better place for everyone.
Let’s take a look at how happiness works
- Cathy felt sure she would be happy, if only Bob would fall in love with her.
- One night, Bob tenderly held Cathy in his arms and said, “I love you.”
- After her initial burst of joy, Cathy decided she would be happy if only Bob asked her to marry him.
- Bob soon proposed, and Cathy was thrilled until she started thinking she would be happy if only Bob took her to Paris for their honeymoon.
- In Paris, Cathy had a wonderful honeymoon until she started thinking she would be happy if only …
And on it went, with Cathy growing increasingly dissatisfied and confused. Why was it that, even when she got what she wanted, it never made her happy for more than five minutes?
What is up with that?
As Dale Carnegie reminds us, “It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about.”
You can have more happiness in your life today, simply by shifting the direction of your thoughts toward the present.
For instance, you could choose to enjoy life’s simple pleasures right now, instead of holding your happiness hostage to the fulfillment of dreams that may or may not come true.
As we see with Cathy and her falling in love and honeymooning in Paris, the ego-mind takes only a moment to skip from “Yay! I got what I wanted!” to “But what I really want now is …”
The ego-mind dreams up reasons for discontent to direct your focus toward the past or the future because joy can only exist in the present. If you’re happy, you might forget to be afraid; then the ego-mind would lose its dominance over you, which it dreads above all things.
Take back your power
You can short-circuit the ego-mind’s joy-killing process by pausing to enjoy what is in front of you right now.
Savor the aroma of your coffee. Snuggle into a comfy chair. Give your loved ones caring attention when they tell you about their day.
Let small pleasures like these be happiness enough for the moment, which is all we ever have.
Would you would like to start enjoying the good things in your life here and now? We can do that right now, if you wish.
Would you like your Higher Power to show you:
- Why you matter, and why your happiness matters
- One wonderful thing in your life that can delight you right now
- How to see a situation that has been bothering you in a new light that inspires you
- How to see yourself and others with the eyes of unconditional love and acceptance
- A preview of a blessing coming your way that is ten times better than what you’ve been hoping for
If so, say “Yes” out loud or in your heart … and sense Limitless Love igniting the nucleus of every atom in your field of consciousness.
Now, notice how you feel. Notice what’s different about your life in the coming week – and celebrate it! If it feels right, tell me about it in an email.
Thank you so much for the opportunity to be of service to you today.
Much love and many blessings to you!
If you would like to experience more fast, powerful healings like these, check this out.
What is one thing that gives you joy? Please share your thoughts in “Comments” below.