This expensive malady can bust your budget …
As Summer winds down, are you pondering a Fall project to bring 2017 to a fabulous finish?
There are so many great programs out there to help you:
- Write your book
- Launch your business
- Begin a blog, podcast, or video series
- Market your products or services
- Monetize your message
So many options.
So little time.
How do you choose what to work on next?
Before you start any new project to build your biz or brand, let me ask you:
Whatever success means to you, how worthy of success do you feel, on a scale of 1 to 10?
Notice the first number that pops into your head.
If it’s “8” or above, you’re good to go. Choose the project that excites you the most – and go for it. Doing what delights you helps you stay the course once the initial excitement wears off.
If it’s “7” or under, file under “Later” the program(s) you’re thinking about joining.
You’re on the verge of falling into Shiny Object Syndrome – a debt-generating malady that drives you to:
- Sign up for exciting new programs …
- Avoid starting or finishing the program …
- Get distracted by a new Shiny Object …
- Buy it …
- Avoid starting or finishing it …
And so it goes, expensively ever after.
What is up with that?
Deep down, you feel unworthy of the success you believe the project will bring you…
So, whether you fear success or failure (or both), you unconsciously sabotage yourself with indecision, distraction (hello, new Shiny Object!), or realizing you must re-pot all your plants before you can concentrate on your new project.
It does to me. I’ve done all those things. How about you?
Here’s the thing. It’s not your fault.
If you’re like me, you’ve cultivated a sense of unworthiness since you were a child, out of a very understandable desire to avoid accusations like, “You’re getting too big for your britches,” “Who do you think you are?” or “How can you be so selfish?”
The great news:
You fell into a trance of unworthiness, and you can come out of it.
You start waking up the moment you decide to do so.
Then, you consciously own your worthiness so you can get unstuck and keep moving forward.
You may have to own your worthiness several times a day, until you shed your unconscious addiction to self-doubt … but think of the rewards:
- Authentic self-confidence that empowers you to trust yourself to handle the wonderful people and exciting opportunities attracted by the glowing charisma confidence gives you
- Deeply rooted self-respect that allows you to set healthy boundaries, so you have the time, energy and focus needed to move toward the greatness waiting to meet you
- Heartfelt self-compassion that lets you see missteps as bumps in the road, rather than the end of the road, so you can stay motivated to find the Abundance that wants to find you.
If you would like help busting out of Shiny Object Syndrome so you can:
- Delight in working on your passion project
- Joyfully complete it
- Reap the abundant rewards awaiting you as your year ends in victory …
Please join us for the latest Abundance Healing Circle. Get the details here.
Hope to see you there, my dear!
Have you found your way out of Shiny Object Syndrome? Please share with us in the comment box below. Many thanks – and congratulations!